Thursday, October 23, 2008

One Month

I can't beleive it has been one month since my angels grew wings. Brielle and Natalie left their imprint in my heart forever. I am off work today to reflect on the week leading up to and the day they were born. It is amazing how fresh the images are still in my mind. I remember everything from each moment like it was yesterday. It plays in my mind over and over like a movie. I can still feel them in my arms when I held them. God this is so hard. I am alone today for awhile and I am so very sad. I sat at the table with their few items and had a cry. I miss them so much and wish they could still be inside me growing strong. All I have is their memory now. I try to think of the good things. The moment they were born, holding them in my arms telling them I loved them, the feeling of being a mother, the sound of their heartbeats when monitored, the feeling of them kicking me and every inch of their precious little bodies and faces. I will carry these memories with me for the rest of my life. I know every mother who looses a child agonizes over the thought of having them back one more time. I think this all the time of each day and wish I could hold them just for a moment. To feel their little bodies close to me again. I know this will not be. I am trying to be strong so I can heal. I want to find some goodness in all this pain. I think one day I will move on in my job or life, and help others in some way who are dealing with this. I feel this is a calling for me to try to make a difference. One day we will try to conceive again and I know any living children will have angels Brielle and Natalie looking over them.

7 comments:

mb said...

Hi Tiffany. I found my way here from Babycenter.

I am sorry for your loss and want you to know I went through an almost identical ordeal with my first pregnancy. I lost twin girls, Ainsley and Anjolie, at 20 weeks after a labor started that they could not stop.

It was a terrible time for me, but life goes on and miracles will come your way again. Please know that you are in many peoples' prayers. Stay strong and take as long as you need to grieve. Life goes on, but only when you are ready.

Best wishes,

Megan

Rozmarin said...

OMG Tiff. I had no idea. I am SO INCREDIBLY sorry for your loss. I'm Rozmarin from the January 2009 twin mommies Baby Center site. I remember talking to you and the others during the early stages of our twin pregnancies. But, I hadn't heard anything since the site changed format.

My heart totally breaks. Please know that you, your hubby and angel babies are in my prayers.

This is a terrible time. It's okay to cry and to grieve. Take your time and don't let anybody rush you.

Please know that you are in my heart.

Rozmarin (Diana)

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I cannot imagine your pain.

Badger said...

Hi Tiffany,

I'm also from Babycenter. I'm very sorry to hear that your babies are gone. My first baby, a boy, was stillborn on Mother's Day, 1998. He truly changed my life, too...how could he not?! I will tell you that the pain is always there, but I have learned to live around it, if that makes sense. I did go on to have other children, and I honestly believe that because of my first baby, I love them like I never would have otherwise. I know what true miracles they all are (and I know you do, too, especially because it was such a hard road just to conceive them!). More than anything, I'm closer to God now. I have no idea what your beliefs are, but if you believe in God, lean on Him. I'm praying for you...as Megan said, you're in a lot of people's prayers. Let your grief take you where it will-there is no right or wrong. Don't feel you have to be strong-your poor heart is broken!

Love and peace to you,

Amy/badger_girl

SL said...

Hi Tiffany,

I am from babycenter too and I am really heartbroken to hear your sad news. I cried while I was reading your blog...I am not going to even say I understand your pain because I can't even imgain what you are going through. As you said, I believe it is your calling to help others who are going through the same situation later and you will be able to help them. But for now, stay strong and don't give up...as everyone else says, life goes on and one day, you will have a beautiful baby in your arm again. My thoughts and prayer are with you. I know Angels Brielle and Natalie were lucky to have a mom like you! They will be living in your heart forever.
Again, I am truly deeply sorry for your loss.

Marion said...

So sorry about the loss of your precious little babies.

Nothing I say can make it better but I wish I could.

Hugs and Love to you
Marion

Badger said...

I wanted to share one more blog with you: http://audreycaroline.blogspot.com

She is an amazing woman with a very sad story...but she is full of so much faith and hope and love.

HUGS!

Amy/badger_girl