Wednesday, December 31, 2008

It's finally over, on to 2009

Well, the last day of the worst year of my life is taking place right now. I look back at all I have been through and I am amazed I am still breathing. There were times I thought I wouldn't be able to come up for a breath, but I survived the year from HELL.

Fighting through the fertility treatments, negative after negative each month, then injections for 2 weeks in my stomach and then finally the second line appeared. I was speachless, shocked and so happy. We were going to have a baby, our dream was finally going to happen after almost 3 years at the time. Then our world crumbled apart, to change us forever and to see the world very differently. The loss of our babies will live forever in our broken hearts.

A new year is approaching and I want to have optimism but I am scared to soften my hard shell I have made around myself. So many bad things have happened in the past 3 years of trying to have a child, I wonder if it will ever happen, and will the past repeat itself. I say to people and sometimes to myself that 2009 is going to be a good year, my year to finally have something go right, but in the back of my mind I doubt the good will ever come. I feel I am at the bottom of the pile of shit, it can only get better from here, right? We'll see, I am going to keep my head up high and fight on. These last few years have proven to myself that I am a fighter and I will keep fighting for what I want so badly, to be a mother to a living healthy child.

I wish you all a Happy New Year, good fortune and peace in 2009.

5 comments:

Krista said...

May 2009 be the year we all are hoping for. Happy new year wishes to you!

Anonymous said...

Tiff, I know you will be blessed with motherhood...You are a very strong women, you will survive and keep your head high. we are all wishing you motherhood in 2009. Love Ya, Patti

Never forgetting Gregory said...

I have many of these same fears. I also say it must happen soon but fear that I will never have that happiness again. I believe you WILL be a mother to living healthy babies and you WILL be great. I hope it happens ASAP.

Anonymous said...

2009 is the year, it just has to be.
I have the same fears, you are not alone.

Anonymous said...

your girls were gorgeous, and they will forever be i wish you the best of luck this year.. and that your heart heals. I am sure your little angels will ensure that you are blessed again.